The scary part about this workout is how bad!ss you'll feel afterwards. A stability ball, barbell or dumbbells and a mini band is all you need for this killer workout. <--See what I did there? Coach by day, comedian by night. Many of these pieces of equipment, costume included, can be found on Amazon.com. I don't get paid endorse Amazon but I should. For my clients I am able to purchase all fitness equipment directly through the retailers at cost for you. As always, any questions on how to torture yourself more just DM Me. Happy to help.
Stability Ball Jack Knife
1. Start in push-up position, but with your shins on a fitness ball.
2. Your body should form a straight line from ankles to head.
3. Without rounding your lower back, contract your abs and use your feet to pull the ball toward your chest by bending your knees.
4. Pause, and return to the starting position. Repeat 13 times.
1. Start by pressing up the barbell with your grip less than 12 inches apart.
2. Slowly lower the barbell towards your head, pause, and raise the barbell again. Repeat 13 times.
1. Stand and hold a barbell or one or two dumbbells with palms facing in.
2. With your back straight and knees locked, bend your body at your waist and lower down to the floor.
3. Then straighten up while still holding the dumbbells at arms length. This is a very difficult exercise and is not meant for beginners. Repeat 13 times.
Mini Band Monster Walks
1. Start by placing the band around the ankles of both legs.
2. Soften your knees, and step one foot out to the side, then slowly step your opposite foot in the same direction.
3. Keep an upright posture, and try to avoid dragging your feet.
4. Repeat on the other side. Repeat this for 40 seconds.
Once the idea for this blog came together I was wildy excited for an excuse to purchase another Halloween costume to add to my collection. I also had the perfect spot for the creation of the pictures: the spider room. Actually it's my son's game room. It might as well be a spider room because that's were a majority of the population lives. See if you can find any in the pictures below. In addition to spider searching, try theses exercises. As we already know from my blog 4 Core Exercises For Equestrians the Stability Ball Dead Bug can be performed without the Stability Ball. These 4 exercises take less than 8 minutes so you can sneak them into your scary busy schedule. As always, any questions just DM Me. Happy to help.
1. Support your body off the floor, resting on your toes and elbows.
2. Raise one foot off the floor, bending at the knee bring it to your elbow while remaining in the plank position.
3. Return your foot back to starting position.
4.Repeat on the other side. Alternate sides with each rep. Repeat 13 times.
Stability Ball Dead Bug
1. When performing this exercise, you'll want to keep your abdominal pulled in. Belly button to your spine!
2. If you have a small towel, place it under your lumbar spine. This will help you maintain neutral spine and give you something to push against while performing the exercise.
3. Begin lying on your back while squeezing the ball between your knees and your arms. This will be your starting position.
4. Initiate the exercise by extending one leg, straightening the knee and hip to bring the leg towards the ground. Only go as far as you can to maintain your back against the ground. And move the opposite hand towards the ground above your head.
5. Your lumbar position must be maintained against the towel throughout the exercise.
6. Keep your abdominals drawn in and tight, and return the moving leg and arm to the starting position. Repeat 13 times on each side.
Spiderman Push Up
1. Start in the top position of a push up with your arms straight.
2. Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the floor while also bending one knee and bringing it to your elbow with your foot off the floor.
3. Push back up to the top position.
4. Repeat with the other leg to the other elbow. Make sure to perform one rep on one side, then switch to the other side. Repeat 13 times on each side - YES 26! Push ups!!
1. Start in the top position of a push up with your arms and legs straight.
2. Step one foot forward to your hand, bending at the knee, keeping the other leg straight.
3. Return to starting position.
4. Alternate sides with each rep. Repeat 13 times each side.
Ajia Clancy coaches YOU to self empowerment while helping you navigate life towards your health & wellness goals.