As my clients know I love a good themed workout. Enjoy, or don't, this year's NEW Year Workout...each and every single one of the 23, yes, 23 repetitions. Hate it? Love it? Leave a comment.
Narrow Grip Bicep Curl
1. Placing your hands closer together on a barbell, or holding your bands or dumbbells as close as possible, set your knees with a soft bend, hips back and chest up while you perform the bicep curl.
2. Keep your elbows tucked in while curling. Repeat 23 times.
1. Lie face down on a mat with elbows resting on the floor next to your chest, palms facing up or in a fist position, feet together.
2. Push your body off the floor in a push-up position with your body resting on elbows or hands.
3. Contract the abs and keep the body in a straight line from head to toes. Hold for 30-60 seconds, then lower body returning to starting position. Hold for 23 seconds.
1. Start by standing with feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Reach your hands down towards the mat, and slowly walk your hands all the way out to a plank position.
3. While keeping your hips in line, and abdomen tight, walk your hands all the way back up to the standing position. Repeat 23 times.
Ys, Is, & Ts
1. For this corrective exercise, it’s important to keep your shoulder blades back and down. It’s called scapular setting.
2. The “Y” is out at 45 degrees, again put your shoulder blades down.
3. The “I” position is the most challenging, it’s straight up overhead.
4. “T” is at 90 degrees shoulder blades down.
5. To do this exercise, you lie down forward.
6. Set your shoulder blades and lift your arms above the ground.
7. Pick the one that’s suited for you and your capacity to hold your shoulder blades in place. Repeat 23 times.
Elbow Side Plank
1. When performing the side plank, ensure that your body is in a straight line and your supporting elbow is underneath your shoulder.
2. Squeeze your glutes to keep your hips forward in line with your body.
3. Once in position and you have a nice straight line down your body, hold for 23 Seconds.
1. When performing this exercise, shorten the distance between the top of the pelvis and the bottom of your rib cage while rolling your rib cage up off the mat.
2. Be sure not to strain your neck by moving your head forward. Repeat 23 times.
Renegade Push Up Row
1. Get into the top position of the push-up, holding on to a dumbbell in each hand with arms shoulder-width apart, arms straight.
2. Lower your body with chest touching the floor.
3. Push your body upwards and straighten your arms. At the top, pull one dumbbell off the floor and push your elbow back, contracting your shoulder blades.
4. Return to starting position. Repeat 23 times and alternate.
Ajia Clancy coaches YOU to self empowerment while helping you navigate life towards your health & wellness goals.